At 8 am we will depart for a great day trip from the busy streets of Marrakech to land in the heart of the Atlas Mount at the fertile Ourika Valley.
As you leave Marrakesh, the approach to the valley is lined with flat, spiky cactus and eucalyptus trees, before reaching the foothills of the Atlas and hugging the left-hand bank of the fast-flowing valley, a prime hiking territory in all seasons. From its small beginnings in the Berber country, it streams down the slopes of Atlas mountains, between the Tlemcen peak and the Timeskar plateau.
The green landscapes of this valley, the lazy meandering torrent of the river combined with the small red adobe Berber villages hanging on the slopes will enchant you… flat Berber homes; they’re assembled in stacked villages the same red as the earth they merge into. The only vertical line that breaks the slither of horizontal roofs is that of the village mosque, whose minaret towers above it all, there are many interesting things on the way, according to the season and your special interests…hiking in the valley, up Setti fatma and the waterfalls… It’s also stunning.
Time at leisure before heading back to our accommodation in Marrakech.
- Pick-up time: (summer) 08:00 am – (winter) 09:00 am (from Marrakech)
- Drop-Off time: (summer) 04:00 pm – (winter) 05:00 pm (back to Marrakech)
- Distance: 176 km / 109 miles (round trip)
- Approx. Duration: 8 hours.
• Transportation: 1 days Air-conditioned 4WD vehicle(s), mini bus or motorcoach.
• Services of a qualified English-speaking guide.
• Comprehensive sightseeing including guidance.
• Drinks and personal items